In case you missed it, there was a change in Minnesota legislation last year that allowed Land O’Lakes and its subsidiary, BuyPointTM Insurance Solutions, to develop a health insurance program exclusively for farmers belonging to co-ops associated with Land O’Lakes. Understanding the burden of rising health insurance costs to farmers nationwide, All American Co-op was proud to make an initial investment last year to offer this program to our producer members.
Though the late Harvest made it difficult to properly communicate the details of the program to members, the inaugural year was a success! In 2018, over 750 members enrolled in the program. We expect many more to follow in 2019.
Land O’Lakes partnered with Minneapolis-based health insurance company, Gravie, to administer the program. Members who participate benefit from the following:
- Competitive pricing (lower than most individual policies)
- Access to a broad, national (PPO) network with over 100,000 providers, hospitals, clinics and pharmacies including Mayo Clinic, Olmsted Medical Center, Gunderson, Sanford Health, Essentia Health, Allina Health, Fairview Health Services and more
- Eight health plan options with coverage ranging from catastrophic (high deductible, extremely low cost) to comprehensive (no deductible, virtually 100% coverage)
- Access to Gravie Care (free, year-round guidance from expert, licensed advisors in selecting and managing benefits)
- Easy access to additional benefits (dental, vision, life, HSAs, and more)
- Guaranteed coverage (no member can be denied coverage or rated-up based on individual health history)
- No membership fees
- Doesn’t require a W2-employee
The Open Enrollment period will be from October 29, 2018 through December 21, 2018 for coverage starting January 1, 2019. Prior to the start of Open Enrollment, there will be in-person meetings in our area where you will have the opportunity to learn about this new benefit option in more detail. You can expect to receive more information through email and direct mail.
We encourage our eligible producer members to at least compare your current health insurance rates to the Land O’Lakes program – you might be surprised that you could save your family thousands of dollars a year while receiving access to better quality care! We also encourage all of our producer members who took advantage of the health insurance program in 2018 to tell other friends and relatives about your experience.
Please visit www.gravie.com/mncoop to sign up for important announcements including 2019 rates, event dates and locations, and more! If you have questions or are interested in learning more, you can also call 844-538-4690.
Please note: To participate in this program, All American Co-op members must do at least $5,000 in business with the co-op, reside in Minnesota, and actively work in production agriculture. If you prefer not to receive communication from Gravie about this health insurance program, please notify Cheryl Simpson at All American Co-op at (507)533-4222 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from the list.