For Sale: Property in Chatfield Minnesota
All American Co-op is offering its Chatfield grain elevator and all related facilities for sale by sealed bid. Two separate properties are for sale: Parcel 1 is located at 25 1st Street Southwest, Chatfield, Minnesota 55923. Parcel 2 is located at the SW ¼ of the NE ¼ of Section 18, Chatfield Township, County of Fillmore, and State of Minnesota. Complete property descriptions are included in the attached Notice of Sale.
Parcel 1: Includes a grain elevator with (2) 55,000 bushel grain bins, (1) 30,000 bushel grain bin, (2) 12,000 bushel grain bins, (1) 9,000 bushel grain bin, (2) 3,000 bushel truck load out bins, (1) 3,000 bushels per hour grain leg, (1) 1,000 bushels per hour Deluxe Continuous Flow Grain Dryer, 24 ft. x 36 ft. office building, 10 ft. x 70 ft. truck scale (rebuilt in 2015), two story brick warehouse, single story steel bag warehouse, conveyors and equipment as installed.
Parcel 2: Includes (1) 100,000 bushel grain bin, (2) 40,000 bushel grain bins, (1) 20,000 bushel grain bin, conveyors and equipment as installed.
All bids must be submitted on the Bid Form and clearly state the total amount of the bid. All bids shall be accompanied by a certified check in the amount of $10,000.00 made payable to All-American Co-op for each Parcel upon which you are submitting a bid. Seller reserves the right to reject any and all bids, to waive any formalities or irregularities in the sale process, and to control all rules and procedures of the sale. Contact Glenn Lutteke or Todd Stockdale at 507-533-4222 if you wish to view the Parcels prior to submitting your bid. Sealed bids will be received until March 31, 2017. All sealed bids should be sent to the following address: All-American Co-op, Attention: Glenn Lutteke, 113 4th Street SE, P.O. Box 125, Stewartville, MN 55976
TERMS OF SALE
The successful bidder(s) shall sign a purchase agreement within forty-eight (48) hours of notification that the bid has been accepted. The purchase agreement terms will control the transaction. Bidders may review the purchase agreement upon request at All-American Co-op, 113 4th Street SE, Stewartville, Minnesota 55976, if they wish before submitting their bids. If the successful bidder(s) does not sign the purchase agreement within forty-eight (48) hours of being notified that the bid was accepted, the earnest money will be forfeited to All-American Co-op. The balance of the sale price shall be paid by certified check no later than the closing, which shall be July 31, 2017. The bids for each Parcel will be decided upon independently.
- The $10,000.00 certified check that accompanies the successful bid will be the earnest money.
- If both Parcels are bid on, a certified check in the amount of $20,000.00 must accompany the bids ($10,000.00 for each Parcel).
- Seller and Buyer shall prorate all real estate taxes and assessments payable in 2017; Buyer shall pay all real estate taxes and assessments payable in 2018 and thereafter.
- Possession of the Parcel(s) will be given upon closing.
- The Parcels, and each of them, are being purchased in “AS IS” condition, and there is a provision to this effect in the purchase agreement.
- Seller will provide a warranty deed which shall be subject to any reservations, easements, agreements, or restrictions of record, if any.
- The Parcels cannot, for a period of five (5) years after closing, be used as a competitive commercial grain facility unless approved by All-American Co-op.
- Buyer is responsible for all title work, abstract, title insurance fees, and closing costs.
For further information, contact Glenn Lutteke or Todd Stockdale at All-American Co-op, 507-533-4222.
- Letter of Announcement
- Notice of Chatfield Grain Facility Sales (Includes Property Descriptions and Bid Form)
- Purchase Agreement Form available upon request; Contact Glenn Lutteke or Todd Stockdale