On January 22nd the USDA issued a press release stating FSA offices will reopen for additional services during the government shutdown. We encourage you to read the full press release available on the USDA website by clicking here.
Beginning Thursday, January 24th all FSA offices will open with more transactions they can accommodate. The U.S. Department of Agriculture has temporarily recalled FSA employees to open offices from 8 am to 4:30 pm Mondays through Fridays through Friday, February 8th. In subsequent weeks offices will be open Tuesdays through Thursdays if needed to provide services. It is recommended that producers contact their FSA service center to make an appointment.
FSA staff will work on the following transactions:
- Market Facilitation Program.
- Marketing Assistance Loans.
- Release of collateral warehouse receipts.
- Direct and Guaranteed Farm Operating Loans, and Emergency Loans.
- Service existing Conservation Reserve Program contracts.
- Sugar Price Support Loans.
- Dairy Margin Protection Program.
- Agricultural Risk Coverage and Price Loss Coverage.
- Livestock Forage Disaster.
- Emergency Assistance Livestock, Honey Bees, and Farm-raised Fish Program.
- Livestock Indemnity Program.
- Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program.
- Tree Assistance Program.
- Remaining Wildfires and Hurricanes Indemnity Program payments for applications already processed.
Transactions that will not be available include, but are not limited to:
- New Conservation Reserve Program contracts.
- New Direct and Guaranteed Farm Ownership Loans.
- Farm Storage Facility Loan Program.
- New or in-process Wildfires and Hurricanes Indemnity Program applications.
- Emergency Conservation Program.
- Emergency Forest Rehabilitation Program.
- Biomass Crop Assistance Program.
- Grassroots Source Water Protection Program.
Once again, please read the full press release and acls certification. There are additional links in the press release where you may find more information as it is updated by the USDA.