WinField is keeping the tradition of the Careers in Agriculture Scholarship Program, by announcing the kick-off for this year’s offering, today. Scholarships worth $1,000 will be awarded to 10 high school seniors and 10 college students in their first or second year who demonstrate scholastic achievement, leadership in agriculture and a perceived ability to contribute to agriculture in the future.
The Careers in Agriculture Scholarship Program is available to high school graduating seniors and first or second year college students pursuing two- or four-year degrees in agronomy, crop production, or closely related fields.
To qualify for the program, a student must:
- Be a high school senior, graduating in spring of 2016; or
- Be a college freshman or sophomore;
- Demonstrate leadership abilities and academic performance;
- Complete an application including two reference letters and official transcript; and
- Write essays describing the importance of farmer cooperatives, and why he or she is interested in an agricultural career
- Applications from dependents of employees of Winfield Solutions, LLC or Land O’Lakes Inc., are not eligible
- Students who previously received a scholarship from Winfield Solutions, LLC are not eligible
Since its formation 25 years ago, the Careers in Agriculture Scholarship Program have awarded more than $600,000 to young adults who share the same commitment to agronomy, excellence and the cooperative system.
Applications are attached or available at winfield.com in the News section. All applications must be postmarked by Feb. 5th, 2016. Winners will be notified by mail in April 2016.