Attached is the 2018 Private Pesticide Applicator Recertification Workshop brochure with dates and locations.
Those that need to re certify should have received a brochure in the mail in Early December.
Note that there is one workshop on December 20 in Rochester for those that want to get it done before heading south.
Recertification and Workshop Information:
- Farmers can attend a 3.5 hour Private Pesticide Applicator Workshop for recertification instead of taking a test. Testing (online or mail-in) remains an option.
- A new applicator or one whose certification has lapsed (not currently certified), must take the test to become certified.
- The cost to recertify, either by attending a recertification workshop or testing, is $75 for three years. CHECKS ONLY made payable to the U of MN. CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
- Pre-registration not required – registration for workshops will be taken at the door.
- When attending a recertification workshop you must bring an official photo identification card, such as a driver’s license, passport or some type of official document. Bringing your Private Pesticide Applicator Certification ID card can assist in the registration process.
- Persons who do not have their Applicator’s Card may obtain their applicator number on-line at the MDA website www.mda.state.mn.us or by contacting MDA via phone at 651-201-6633. Your license number is also on the address section of this brochure.
The MN Department of Agriculture requires applicators to attend the entire workshop to receive recertification credit. Applicators who arrive more than 15 minutes late to a workshop or leave early will not be allowed to receive recertification credit.
Workshop Topics Include:
- Pesticide Laws, Regulations & Record Keeping
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Applicator Health Effects
- Application Equipment
Renewal of your Private Pesticide Applicator Certification IS REQUIRED if you:
- Apply pesticides to land or sites you own, rent or lease for the production of agriculture commodities
- Plan to use Restricted Use Pesticides
- Reside in the state of Minnesota
- Your certification expires in 2018
OPTIONS FOR PRIVATE APPLICATORS WHO NEED TO RENEW THEIR CERTIFICATION:
- Attend a Recertification Workshop instead of retesting
- Complete the test as a home study course.
19th Edition Manuals ($10 if you need one) and tests are available at most county Extension Offices
- Complete the test online at www.pat.umn.edu
RECERTIFICATION MUST BE COMPLETED BY MARCH 1ST, 2018