Employees and those passing through our doors graciously donated 65 pounds of food and$4050.00 in monetary donations! We cannot thank you enough for your donations to this year’s Annual Food Drive. It’s been a tough year for many, so donations are much needed and appreciated. Thank you!
ABOUT THE FOOD DRIVE
All American Co-op employee, Nichol Arndorfer, started All American Co-op’s annual food drive in 2013 after helping her son collect food for his Cub Scouts group. While dropping off food at a local church, she saw firsthand the need for the local food shelf. Wanting to do more to help her community, Nichol asked All American Co-op if she could start a food drive here at work. Without question, it was happily approved. Thus began our Annual Food Drive.
Food donations are kept within the communities that they are collected in. Monetary donations are taken to Channel One in Rochester where they are evenly distributed to the following food shelves: St. Charles, Chatfield, Elgin/Plainview, Spring Valley, Wykoff and Racine.
- The first year of the food drive, we collected 192 lbs of food.
- Year two, both monetary and food donations were collected.
- All American Co-op matched up to $2000 – we have never not met the match.
- In 2020, All American Co-op increased their match to $3000.
- All American Co-op participates in the Land O Lakes’ Member Co-op Match Program which matches dollar-for-dollar with our cash donations, thus doubling our funds.
- In 2017, our highest donation year, our employees and patrons graciously donated over $9000 to give to local food shelves.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about our Annual Food Drive, contact Nichol or Brianna at (507) 533-4222.